I went to the DHR website to peruse the social work jobs…not bad. I did a lot of growing up in Birmingham, I hear it kind of calling me to come back…My decades-long unrequited love WK still lives like 5 minutes from the home I grew up in…his children are almost grown and gone, he has to be lonely and unfulfilled by now, right? Would I move somewhere based mainly on the idea of WK? who is completely in the closet as far as I can tell….plus the married guy *Mark that I am kinda in love with has proven disappointingly loyal to his wife, I can’t wait five years for him to have his mid-life crisis (me, I would be his mid-life crisis, get it)…he’s such a dainty little fella, I worry his wife might be physically abusing him or intimidating him or something…*Mark, I’m here if you need me, no means no, your body your choice, etc…
*not his real name
State of Alabama
64 North Union Street
P. O. Box 304100
Montgomery, AL 36130-4100
Phone: (334) 242-3389
Fax: (334) 242-1110
SENIOR SOCIAL WORKER – 50221
Salary: $35,589.60 – $53,995.20
Revised Date: December 12, 2012
The Senior Social Worker is a permanent full-time position used by various agencies throughout the state. This is advanced
professional service social work. Employees in this class develop a social service plan for a difficult and complex select
caseload in child protective services, adult protective services, child and adult foster care and/or adoptions; investigate complex
abuse and neglect cases; provide immediate crisis intervention; assess need and delivery of services; arrange for clinical
services; and/or plan for nursing home care.
• Master’s degree in Social Work from a social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
• Eligibility for Licensure as issued by the Alabama Board of Social Work Examiners
Licensure must be obtained within the probationary period in order to obtain permanent employment.
Applicants must complete and submit with their applications the willingness questionnaire on the reverse side of this
announcement. Applications without the willingness questionnaire will not be accepted.
Applicants must have available, suitable transportation.
Per Alabama Act Number 2000-775, beginning November 1, 2000, persons who apply for child welfare jobs will be
subjected to a criminal background investigation prior to employment with the Department of Human Resources.
Applicants may apply for this position during their last semester of college; however, applicants will be required to submit
documentation verifying completion of the Master’s degree to the hiring agency prior to beginning work.
Low-Cost Health/Dental Insurance (Single Coverage) Optional Family Coverage (Health/Dental)
Accrue Thirteen Annual Leave Days per Year Accrue Thirteen Sick Days per Year
Thirteen Paid Holidays per Year Retirement Plan
Flexible Employee Benefit Plans Optional Deferred Compensation Plans
Open-Competitive to all applicants
Evaluation of Training and Experience as shown on application
HOW TO APPLY
• Complete an Application for Examination Form available at http://www.personnel.alabama.gov, the above address, or any
Alabama Career Center Office.
• Apply by mail or by fax. Applications will be accepted until further notice.
THE STATE OF ALABAMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please refer to the State Personnel Department web site or call us at (334) 242-3389 for complete information on our policy for
accepting post-secondary and advance degrees.
Applicants hired by the State of Alabama on or after January 1, 2012 will be subject to the E-Verify process
pursuant to Act No. 2011-535.
WILLINGNESS QUESTIONNAIRE FOR SENIOR SOCIAL WORKER (50221)
Are you willing and able to:
1. Work in situations where children or adults are deprived of basic living needs (ie food, shelter,
education, medical services, clothing etc.)? Yes □ No □
2. Remove children from current living situations for placement in foster care against the wishes of
the parents or legal guardians? Yes □ No □
3. View graphic physical abuse of children or adults? Yes □ No □
4. Work in high crime areas, sometimes alone? Yes □ No □
5. Use your personal vehicle to transport clients, children, supplies, or conduct visits? Yes □ No
6. Work with persons who are substance abusers? (alcohol and drugs) Yes □ No □
7. Work in low income housing projects sometimes alone? Yes □ No □
8. Occasionally work nights and weekends? Yes □ No □
9. Take verbal abuse without retaliating physically or verbally? Yes □ No □
10. Visually observe children, clients, or adults for physical signs of deprivation (ie clothing, hygiene, extreme
weight loss, etc)? Yes □ No □
11. Handle large case loads? Yes □ No □
12. Maintain strict confidentiality of all information to which you have access? Yes □ No □
13. Serve as a witness in court proceedings? Yes □ No □
14. Maintain very detailed case notes? Yes □ No □
15. Work in highly emotional situations and maintain composure? Yes □ No □
16. Handle a large volume of paperwork? Yes □ No □
17. Handle the pressure of meeting deadlines? Yes □ No □
Signature: ____________________________ Social Security Number: ________________________