Maybe my favorite all-time documentary #upintheholler
2. RUNNIN’ -NAUGHTY BOY featuring BEYONCE A super catchy and addictive little song that I played over and over again this year. It first caught my ear in a Chanel commercial with Kirsten Stewart (Runnin’)
3. WALK ON WATER – EMINEM featuring BEYONCE Although she’s featured in two of my three favorite songs of the year, I’m not a big Beyonce fan, her vocal talent is unquestioned, she’s just not very smart and lacks personality.
4. BAD & BOUJEE – MIGOS featuring LIL UZI VERT Ahh, Migos, you were the bright shining stars of 2017, although nobody could understand what you were saying! I fear that like a falling star, Migos’ hotness will soon cool, and they will fade away
5. FEEL IT STILL – PORTUGAL THE MAN
6. BODAK YELLOW – CARDI B Since being introduced to Cardi on Love & Hip Hop NY , I have loved Cardi’s ratchetness and ghetto fabulous sense of humor (when she started making money she wanted to get her teeth fixed, but she was scared, because she was worried she wouldn’t be able to suck dick as good)
7. HOW FAR I’LL GO/MOANA – ALESSIA CARA A lovely little song for little girls and gay men everywhere
8. BLACK BEATLES – RAE SRUMMOND
9. DOWN – MARIAN HILL
10. BAD AT LOVE – HALSEY I knew Halsey before she blew up and kinda sold out, she is a unique and talented singer who I predict will have a long and successful career (unlike Migos or Cardi B). Check out her guest appearance on Roadies, when Machine Gun Kelly kind of falls in love with her
11. MASK OFF – FUTURE “Percocets, Molly, Percocets” “Chase a Bitch, Never Chase a Bitch”
12. SIGN OF THE TIMES -HARRY STYLES
13. THUNDER -IMAGINE DRAGONS
14. HAVANA -CAMILLA CABELLO featuring YOUNG THUG Like Beyonce did with Destiny’s Child, Camilla done told the rest of Fifth Harmony Good Day!
15. CASTLE ON THE HILL – ED SHEERAN
16. LEMON – NERD featuring RIHANNA
17. MAGNOLIA – PLAYBOY CARTI
18. (NO ONE KNOWS) LIKE THE PIANO – SAMPHA
19. NO LIMIT – G-EAZY featuring ASAP ROCKY & CARDI B
20. COLD LITTLE HEART – MICHAEL KIWANUKA Theme song of Big Little Lies, a great show on HBO
21. NEW YORK – ST VINCENT
22. THIRD OF MAY/ODAIGAHARA – FLEET FOXES
23. PA’LANTE – HURRAY FOR THE RIFFRAFF
24. I GET THE BAG -GUCCI MANE featuring MIGOS
25. ROCKSTAR – POST MALONE featuring 21 SAVAGE
TESTIFY – HIFI SEAN featuring CRYSTAL WATERS My most loved dance track this year, Crystal Waters has performed at least six or seven times at circuit party events I’ve attended over the years, and I have floated high as a kite countless times on the dance floor to this diva of the gay community’s songs!
“Now take me to your river
And lay me in your water
And preach to me
Tell me why I need your love
Why I got to have your love
Justify your love”
My class curriculum includes considerable time spent on trauma-informed care and helping my prospective adoptive families succeed in parenting children who have suffered abuse or neglect. I use the example of a Bear in the Woods (at the 8-minute mark in this Ted Talk video on Childhood Trauma by Dr. Nadine Burke Harris).
Significant damage to the emotional and physical health of children who are exposed to high levels of adversity/trauma occurs over time (chronic trauma). They are more likely to engage in high-risk behavior, and to develop heart disease or cancer. Our brains have a stress response system, in the hypothalamic and adrenal glands, that governs our fight or flight response in a situation. Imagine you’re walking in the forest and you see a bear. Immediately, your brain sends a response to your adrenal glands: Release stress hormones! Adrenal! Cortisol! Your heart starts to pound, your pupils dilate, your airways open up, and you are ready to either fight that bear or run from that bear! And that is wonderful, if you are in the forest, with a bear. The problem is what happens when the bear comes home every night, in the form of domestic violence, or physical abuse, or molestation. This system is activated over and over and over again, and it goes from being life-saving to health damaging. Children are especially sensitive to this repeated stress-activation, because their brains and bodies are just developing. High doses of adversity affect their brain structure and function, their developing immune systems and hormonal systems.
I was scrolling through my facebook feed, and said “Look, a story from my neck o’ the woods” oh Tampa 😦
A group of disturbed Tampa residents flagged down an officer Monday to report what they’d seen a 57-year-old neighbor doing in his yard: Performing a sex act with a pit bull, police said.
Bernard Marsonek of 8125 Marks St. is charged with animal cruelty and taking part in sexual activity involving animals.
After neighbors got the police’s attention, an officer found a small crowd of disturbed residents gathered who said they had yelled at Marsonek to stop. They said Marsonek ignored them.
Officers tried to interview Marsonek in his home, but he refused to cooperate with them, police said. They found a gun and ammunition in a search, police said, resulting in another charge because they said Marsonek is a felon.
Hillsborough County Animal Services took custody of eight large pit bulls that were located on his property.